Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Last Time on the Merry Go Round

Well ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this is it. The final year of my formal schooling. I'm feeling equally daunted and enlivened by the fact. I will soon have to be even more on my own, a "real" person if you will. Not a infant coddled tight against the bosom of scholarly art. But a true artist who must birth entire productions from the change in my sofa and the passion in my heart. Presently I just drop nice neat, forward thinking, but still deemed appropriate by members of completely different generations and culture than my own, 7 minute dances into the system. A system that I love and am grateful for. Yet a system that is not best for my work.

Perhaps it's just early onset senioritis. Or maybe it's that I just spent $70 on a workbook for a non-major class. And that it makes me ill.

Peace

No comments: